I’ve just been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Sarah who blogs at A Fiction Habit and it was such a lovely surprise! I haven’t known Sarah for long but we met through the blogs and twitter over a mutual love of reading. Although she hasn’t been blogging for long, I really enjoy her thought-provoking style and the way she discusses a variety of literary topics, focusing on different elements each time, book cover design, bookshops, classics etc.
Anyway I need to do the following things:
- Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post (please see above :-))
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Now, sharing 7 things about myself without worrying people…here we go!
1) I have a semi- irrational fear of toilet roll holders (don’t ask, I will not elaborate…)
2) I can’t eat food on the bone
3) I am writing two books (slowly…)
4) I can stand on the tips of my toes for no reason whatsoever – think Kate Winslet in Titanic when she’s trying to impress the boys…a strange approach but it worked didn’t it?!
5) My parents sold our family home in 2009 to move to France and live on a Dutch barge for their retirement – their blog is here
6) I only like red/strawberry sweets – this does not mean that I don’t eat other sweets…I love sweets
7) I’m allergic to after-sun mixed with insect repellant but not the two separately.
Now I need to pass the award along to some bloggers that I think deserve some recognition so…
Claire at Paperback Reader is a bookaholic! She writes honestly and passionately about a wide range of books and she’s generally a lovely person!
Helen at lovelylovelybooks is another great friend of mine and a fellow book blogger. We have quite a similar taste in books, so I always pop over to Helen’s blog once she reviews something that I’ve read to see what she has said about the book and often to check that she likes my recommendations!
Amreeta’s blog Notes by Nectar is always worth a look whether it’s to check your weekly tarot card (though she does run in Dubai weeks nowadays having moved there in December), to see what it’s like being a proofreader in Dubai – some of the examples she takes photos of are brilliant! Or just to see what it’s like to live in Dubai! It’s always worth a read and Amreeta is lovely, though almost entirely obsessed with Hawaii 5-0 :p
I’ve only recently met (well through twitter and the blog) Jessica who blogs at Prose and Cons Book Club but I really enjoy her blog as there is always a great variety of posts! In addition to her book reviews/discussions on literary news, I really like her writing style, particularly her descriptions of London Life as I often find myself in similar situations! Just yesterday I was asked out by a slurring drunk man on my way home…for the second time in a month. Win.
So there you go! These are my blogger recommendations and I hope the nomination makes them smile!